Facts Costa Rica
Numbers and information about Costa Rica
- Surface of Costa Rica: 51.200 km²
- Population: 4,45 Mio.
- Form of government: Presidential Republic
Costa Rica’s population consists of around 94% residents with European and Indigenous ancestors, 3% black people, 1% Indios, 1 % Chinese people and 1% of others. All together, the number of residents is estimated around 4, 4 million. With 85 inhabitants/ km², the density of population is very high compared to the 32 residents/ km² in the USA.
Juan Santamaria Airport, international Airport from Costa Rica
Most travellers touch Costa Rica at Juan Santamaria, Alajuela.
Tortuguero National Park
A must in Costa Rica.
Agriculture in Costa Rica
a lot of bananA plantations in the caribbean.
Wildlife in Costa Rica
You can see them in many places. Be careful!!
The tucan is a very colourful bird
There are different species.
The cloud forest of San Gerardo & Monteverde
A very interesting destiny, in several places in Costa Rica
- Languages: Official language is Spanish but there are other ones like Patois or indigenous languages
- Religion: 77% Catholics, 14% protestants
- Capital: San José; most important cities: Alajuela, Cartago, Puerto Limón, Puntarenas, Liberia, San Isidro
- Shore line: Pacific 1020 km, Atlantic 211 km
- Extension: north-south: 464 km, east-west 259 km
- Highest mountain: Cerro Chirripo Grande with 3839 m above sea level
- Holiday: 15.09. Independence Day (1821 from Spain) with patriotic celebrations